Skip to content
Did you know Vitamin D is actually a Hormone, not a Vitamin?
Did you know….Vitamin D is actually a hormone not a Vitamin?
If you are women in your 30s, 40 or even 50+ and have not being taking Vitamin D you should strongly consider it. Vitamin D is almost “crucial “ as it plays a central role in many body processes and is on the “A-list” for women during menopause.
….And of course, preventing weight gain seems to be on the top of the list for many women.
By definition Vitamin D is a hormone (rather than a vitamin/nutrient). It is produced by the kidneys and controls blood calcium concentration (promotes calcium and bone growth).
1. Aids in weight loss. Adding Vitamin D daily can assist with weight loss and suppresses your appetite and cravings.
2. If you have an intention of being healthy having strong bones, Vitamin D is crucial to absorb calcium and promote bone growth.
3. Vitamin D reduces depression – Research has shown that
Vitamin D plays an important role in regulating your food and minimizing depression and boosting mood.
4. Prevents heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis
5. Lowers blood sugar/helps control blood sugars in diabetic/pre-diabetics.
Ladies, is Vitamin D intake part of your daily routine? Comment below