I have been hearing from so many of you that are already feeling anxious with the onset of holidays.
I call it the “Holiday Monster”. Yep, Halloween, Thanksgiving , Pre Christmas Prep, Christmas and New Years…
Believe me when I say I still sometimes get those pre- holiday jitters thinking I will be surrounded by so much food. Uhhh!
But ..then I reposition my thoughts and my mind to think, it’s just another day.
My advise is always the same. Prepare your mind and prepare your food choices. Similar to anything else you prepare for, you need to start preparing your mind for whats ahead. If it involves food, then scope out healthier food options.
Now a days there are so many tasty healthy recipes that you don’t even feel like you are deprived in any way….like these awesome Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies.
Try them and don’t even tell anyone what you put into them. Your friends and family will be eating them as if you picked them up from the local bakery. LOL! ! Gotta luv it!
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips( or sweetened with Stevia)
1) Pre-heat your over to 350 degrees F. and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
2) Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix until a smooth batter is formed. Add the chocolate chips in now
3) Use a spoon to drop the batter on onto the lined baking sheet and spread them out to your desired size and form
3) Bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden
4) Cool for 5 minutes once removed
1 cookie= 95 Calories, 7g – Fat, 7g – Carbs, 3g – Protein.
Remember take one day at a time… plan ahead…and enjoy the process.
Nancy ….I am always here to motivate you!